CHaD HERO is a festive, fun, family-oriented fundraising event for Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock that takes place annually. The event includes running and walking events as well as food vendors and live music on the Dartmouth Green. A Positive Tracks KidZone offers a climbing wall, mechanical safari animal rides, games, and kid's activities.
Registration Fees - 2013 Event
Register before August 1, 2013 and pay $20 registration fee.
Register AFTER August 1, 2013 and pay $35 registration fee. (Cam's Course Fun Run remains $20)
Registration for ALL participants is NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE under any circumstances, even if you do not attend the event.
Registration Fees include entry fee, bibs, event tshirt, and access to runner support food and amenities in the Start/Finish Area. (Back to Top)
Half Marathon, 5K Ripcord and all Walk participants are required to raise a minimum of $40, beyond their registration fee, by October 20, 2013.
Participants who do not reach the required minimum by October 20th will be asked to pay the outstanding amount before receiving their race bib or t-shirt. That amount may by paid by check, cash on event day, or will be charged to the card given at the time of online registration.
Cam's Course Fun Run participants are not subject to a fundraising minimum, however fundraising is strongly encouraged. Fundraising minimums are due by Sunday October 20, 2013 - even if you do not attend the event. Please note: Fundraising minimums apply to each individual participant.
Funds raised by a team may NOT be used to satisfy an individual's fundraising minimum. Donations can be made online, mailed, or brought with you when you pick up your bib. If you are mailing or dropping off offline donations please clearly note your name with each donation and mail them to:
CHaD Hero Half Marathon & Ripcord 5K
CHaD Community Relations
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756 (Back to Top)
Deadlines & Schedules
October 1st: T-Shirt and custom bib deadline
Order your custom t-shirts or capes from GoodThreads to have them by race day.
Deadline to be registered in order to have your name printed on your race bib.
Deadline to be registered in order to have your event t-shirt ready at bib pick-up.
October 16th: Fundraising deadline for awards
Fundraising may continue right up until race day, but we will calculate all awards and incentive prizes for teams at 5 PM on this date.
October 19th: Day Before Bib-Pick Up
Save your team standing in line and pick up bibs and event t-shirts the day before
Team bib pick-up open from 2 PM - 5 PM at Alumni Hall in the Hopkins Center. Team captains or representatives can pick-up bibs and event tshirts for their entire team. Remember to designate a place for your team to meet on race day!
October 20th: Event Day
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Registration Open
10 AM - 3 PM: Positive Tracks KidZone and Food Vendors Open
10 AM - 1 PM: Walkers & Hikers are invited to start with two execptions: no walkers or hikers should be in the start area at 11:30 AM or at 12:00 PM.
11:30 AM Cam's Course Family Fun Run Start
12:00 PM 5k Run and Half Marathon Start
Downloadable Forms & Offline Donations
- Registration Form: A $20 fee is due with all offline registrations postmarked before August 1, 2013. A $35 fee is due for all offline registrations postmarked after August 1, 2013. Registration for ALL participants is NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE under any circumstances, even if you do not attend the event.
- Pledge Forms: Use this form to collect the names of people supporting you with offline donations. Please write clearly and turn this form in with the offline donations you collect. Fundraising minimums are due by Sunday, October 20, 2013 - even if you do not attend the event.
- Donation Forms/Offline Donations: To download a form and make a donation in support of a specific participant or team using cash or check: search for the participant on the Sponsor a Participant page, then click on their name to go to their fundraising page. Select "Give Now" and in the pop-up window select "Print Donation Form" where you may print an offline donation form that is pre-filled and includes mailing instructions. This will ensure that we have the correct information to credit that participant with your donation. This option is available for donations to teams or individuals. If you want to use a credit card to make a donation offline, then please call the office directly. (Back to Top)
Race Materials, Bib Pick-Up & T-shirt Pick-Up
October 19th: Day Before Bib & T-shirt Pick-Up
Location: Alumni Hall in the Hopkins Center
Time: 2PM - 5PM
October 20th: Race Day Bib & T-shirt Pick-Up
Location: Alumni Hall in the Hopkins Center
Time: 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
(Back to Top)
Positive Tracks Youth Teams
Positive Tracks Youth teams have their total fundraising dollars matched through a generous matching challenge grant from Positive Tracks. In an effort to encourage youth to get out, get active, and give back to their communites, Positive Tracks created a challenge grant and support system that helps their efforts count even more for their cause. At least half the members of a team must be 23 years old or younger to be counted as a youth team. We strongly encourage you to form a youth team since all the fundraising is DOUBLED through Positive Tracks and their Funding Partners. Contact Liz Gray if you have any questions on how to work towards this great match opportunity, how to set-up your youth team, or how to increase your youth fudraising efforts. (Back to Top)
Positive Tracks KidZone : presented by Coldwell Banker Redpath & Co.
Postive Tracks KidZone is a special area at the CHaD Hero, where kids of all ages can have fun before, during and after the CHaD Hero event. There are exhibits to browse where kids can learn about health and wellness along with energizing and entertaining performances throughout the day. 2013 includes a climbing wall, balloon creatures, mechanical safari animals and more! (Back to Top)
Event Day Info
Race Start Times:
--Cam's Course 1 Mile Fun Run: 11:30 AM Start
--Half Marathon & 5k Run: 12:00 PM Start
--5k Walk & 10k Wooded Hike: Walkers and Hikers may begin their courses at any time. Course support (water stops/volunteers) will be available from 9 AM - 3 PM. To avoid overcrowding with the running starts, the only times walkers and hikers cannot be in the start gate area are 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
Activty Start Times:
--KidZone: 10 AM - 3 PM
--Food (vendors and participants): 10 AM - 3 PM
Parking & Directions
Parking will be at the Dartmouth Medical School parking lot, at the intersection of Route 120/N. Park Street and Route 10/College Street/Lyme Road in Hanover, NH. Runners will use our shuttle service or walk the short distance to the start. (Back to Top)
These great area inns, B&Bs, and hotels offer discounts to CHaD Hero participants, sleep well!
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Discounted King Rate of $209
(use link to receive discounted rates)
30% off normal rates
Please reference CHaD HERO Half Marathon
The Norwich Inn
Make A Reservation Today!
1.5 miles from the Dartmouth Green
A $25 donation will be made to CHaD for each reservation; plus a special CHaD event rate of $209. Offer good for nights of October 18-20
Please reference the CHaD HERO Half Marathon when you call
(Back to Top)
Awards & Thank You Gifts
- All Participants: Each particpant will receive a tshirt, bib, and access to runner's amenities like the food tent on the day of the event.
- All Half Marthon Runners: Medal upon completion
- All 5k Runners: Medal upon completion
- All Walkers: Medal upon completion
- All Cam's Course Runners: Medal upon completion
- Positive Tracks Top Youth Fundraising Award: Coming Soon
- Positive Tracks Top Fundraising Team Award: Coming Soon
- Top Overall Fundraiser Award: Coming Soon
- Top Fundraising Team Award: Coming Soon Top finishers in each age bracket will be recorded and posted as part of the final results on the day of the event. (Back to Top)
If you've got questions, we've got answers! If you don't find the answer here, contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone (603) 650-3431 and we'd be happy to help. Questions about teams? Please visit our Team page. (Back to Top)